Human rights now seem to take precedent over many areas of our lives, but where do these rights come from and how did they develop? This free course, Human rights and the law, looks at the impact of the European Convention on Human Rights and its influence on law in the UK and examines the Human Rights Act 1998.
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand the historical growth of the idea of human rights
- demonstrate an awareness of the international context of human rights
- demonstrate an awareness of the position of human rights in the UK prior to 1998
- understand the importance of the Human Rights Act 1998
- analyse and evaluate concepts and ideas.
Free statement of participation on completion